Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I hate having bad days. But what I love after having an awful day is coming home and seeing a random comment on my blog from someone I don't know. It makes a girl feel that much more heard, even if it's only about the activities of one's nostrils.

I also love steak. Flank steak, ribeye, skillet, skirt, cube... I just have a general affinity for beef. J'aime bien le biftec... biftec biftec...

So this entry is dangerously teetering on becoming another list of random thoughts only because today has been so awful, so horrid, so.. so forgettably bad that Imy mind is drawing a blank on how to communicate properly.

I have to share something on blogger that I have not yet. My aunt has cancer. My perfect, lovely, funny, sweet, awesome aunt who loves me more than life and loves life more than herself and loves Christ above all else has breast cancer. And I haven't called her. I haven't written her. I haven't made her dress (long story.) I haven't heard her tell me a joke since I found out because I'm afraid to call her and hear her be afraid. And I'm scared to tell her everything is going to be okay if in fact it turns out that even saints on earth have to die. I'm just plain selfish and stupid and young and scared that... that she might die. That the best christian woman I have to follow after and possibly the best I have ever known might be taken from me. forever. FOREVER. Well, okay not forever like eternity... but until I die and i see her in heaven... if she's even my aunt in heaven... if it even matters by then... FOREVER. FOREVER...

That's a long time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pick up the phone and call your aunt or go see her. If the worst should happen and she doesn't make it you'll regret not spending all the time you could have with her. It't tough for you, but even tougher for her.

Anonymous said...

I have one question and please don't take offense to it, but why do you give up just like that? Just because the "doctors" have said that she has breast cancer and to the world she will die doesn't mean it's the end. If you pray and have faith, she can live. Many people have the misconception that when God has his mind made up that we can't do anything about it. There are many examples in the bible that back up what I've said.(If you need read them, I can post them later). Have faith, erase the doubt that you can't do anything about it. God gave you the power. Show your faith to God.

Louise said...

I have far from given up. God has proven His faithfulness many times by directly answering my prayers. We all hit the bottom of the well sometimes. I am lucky enought to know that my only option at the bottom of the well is to look up.