Sunday, November 09, 2003

You look at me,
And you think you see
All there is
Is all I'll be.
I'll tell you now,
Though I can't explain how,
That someday soon
Someway Somehow
I'll be everything God has set before me to be
If I rely on Jesus faithfully.

My world is crazy,
Tears make my view hazy,
My own family debates me
and My place in this world.
But no matter how down
Or discouraged I get,
Jesus is my rock,
My own tournequet.

He makes me whole,
He binds my wounds.
No matter how dusty the road may be,
Jesus is always there,
even if he's hard to see.

One of these days,
It'll all be peachy
Until then, I'll keep on reaching
His arms outstretched,
To bear the load
He carried his cross
One for the whole.

I'll never forget
The blood that was shed
The pain that He bore,
Just for me to know God more.
Without Jesus,
We'd be without light,
God's mercy now freely given,
With great joy and delight.
For now we're forgiven
All sins and shame vanish,
We can come freely to our God,
We're no longer banished.

Jesus broke the wall
We built in the fall
When Jesus died,
He did it for God's love of us all.

So in freedom I write,
That in God's sight,
I'm forgiven and loved
As a child of Light.
No matter how down or discouraged I can be,
My God, through Jesus, can see the good in me.

I thank you, Oh Lord, for you sacrifice
The ticket to heaven so perfectly given
I was Reborn in love extended to all,
And now I know what it means to be living.
With every fiber in me,
When I am all that I can be,
I will have fulfilled God's purpose,
With the life He has redeemed.

No comments: