Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sitting outside a broken telephone booth with change in my pocket and wondering where the heck I left my cell phone and mittens.

I've been downhearted baby, ever since the day we met.

Just a disorganized lot of thoughts from my head to your monitor.

Another Valentine's came and gone and the only thing I have to do is reminisce. Although that is a mighty good task when surveying my fell scope of options. I could be:

With someone who treatens to take away the very breath I breathe only so no one else may enjoy it
Dishonorably thrusting my pelvic bone into another persons in a discotheque, executing a failed attempt at a sad and over rated mating ritual
Watching sad movies and swearing men off entirely
Enjoying a quiet dinner in the corner of some expensive restaurant with someone I don't even want in the slightest

No, thank you. I think I will think. About the one successful Valentine's Day of my lifr that surprisingly was devoid of useless touching and meaningless words. A real Valentine's Day where you look at the one you're with, sigh and say to them and yourself "Thank you for sticking with me even though at times I suck. Here's a present to prove to you that I a) appreciate your efforts to overlook or help me diminish my inadequacies and b) to obligate you to hang in there with me for atleast another month or untill my birthday, which ever keeps us on longer"

Ah, the simplicity of love.

The only man who ever willingly bought me flowers is the only man who ever looked at me and said "Thank god we will never really work together."

Don't, I repeat, DO NOT choose a mate based on the domestic felicity of their parental units. The reverse is also true. My mother is twice divorced and lives with a man whom I know as my father and who has loved me more than anything in the whole wide world since I was 6. I have dated poeple who come from homes with two parents and homes with one parent and I can tell you truthfully, it has no bearings on the normalcy or emotional abilities of the children. HOWEVER, when children grow up in abusive homes that include drugs and alcohol and a totalitarian rule from one parent or both, that turely has an effect on their persona.

DO choose a person with whom you are in agreeance on HOW to parent. Do you believe you should love and cherich your children as gifts from God? Do you believe that it is your moral duty to raise children who are better people than you? Do you want everything for your children, even if that means that their success crowds or trumps yours? Then, PLEASE trust me when I suggest to you to choose a mate who agrees fully.

Literature is underrated. Books never change and they always have something to tellyou. I'm not talking about dimes store romances or astrology manuals. I'm talking about real, bona fide Good Reads.

Thats about all. I have a splitting headache and I am going to go reminisce somewhere with my eyes closed.

No comments: