Monday, February 04, 2008

I said this to you, but I CC'd Christ

Homie, great to meet you, so to speak.

I was mulling over what God was telling me lately and I happened to mull aloud to my best friend in Christ, Kimmie B. She said, "You have to do this and you have to seek out Homie for help"

Sometime's God gives us choices and He waits patiently for an answer. When I was saved in 2003, He waited patiently for me to work out my faith and decide how to show it in my life, all the while preparing me to be a go-between culturally. Forever on the fence of uber-conservatism and out right left wing, I bounced back and forth for a while until God got tired of waiting. Now, I think I have to put to work what I have learned.

I'm sorry if this sounds strange or overly artistic, I just wanted to give you some background on my current position.

I am a 21 year old woman with a part time job, going to school full time,and in the middle of a divorce. My Catholic family never really understood my faith and unfortunatly neither did my husband. I've been kicked out of church choir, admonished for my outreach to the gay community and ultimatly turned away by a church that I love and was saved in.

But I plug quietly away and continue to show for church regardless of how they view my tatoo, my divorce, my family... I continue to recite scripture to my gay friends in a quiet, literary way, all the time answering their questions and showing them the love that Christ shows me. I continue to do the things that God tells me to, without hardly understanding or seeing any benefit, all the while trusting in his promises.

I guess I am appealing to you for help. I need help showing peole the forgiving love of Christ. Especially people that my church may be uncomfortable reaching out to.

Imperfect people like me who drink on friday nights. People who have had premarital sex and don't know why they feel guilty. People who like having purple hair. People who don't know the first thing about Christ but know that they are missing something. Men who love their boyfriends, Latch-key kids, Jews for Jesus...

General subculture people who understand that only God has the power to judge us and only we have to power to show what glorious things He has done for us.

So, Homie, do you think you could maybe help me?

Patiently living on God's word:
Belisima

No comments: