Monday, May 02, 2005

AN INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION ABOUT LITTLE PRINCES, FOXES, AND THE SAHARA DESERT:

Miss Salsbury: i forgot to tell you-the little prince was awesome

thebadgummybear: AHHH!
thebadgummybear: I'm so glad you liked it
thebadgummybear: once you said you were really going to read it i started doubting it
thebadgummybear: i thought maybe It was really just a book written especially for me
thebadgummybear: oh i am so glad you liked it!

Miss Salsbury: it was like reading everything you've ever know was true in life but no one else seemed to get

thebadgummybear: I KNOW

Miss Salsbury: everything the prince said was what is important in life

thebadgummybear: I know and I feel like if i were stranded in the sahara, I would find him
thebadgummybear: I knew if anyone would get it it would be you
thebadgummybear: what was your favorite planet?

Miss Salsbury: i liked the one with the king, he was just so typical

thebadgummybear: lol, my favorite is the tippler
thebadgummybear: and my favorite earth encounter was the fox, I reread that part all teh time

Miss Salsbury: i liked the well best

thebadgummybear: yeah, that part makes me cry...sybolically what did you think of it? (insert 10 page analysis here)

Miss Salsbury: lol i like it because like so many things in life you can tell someone that it exists and when it doesn't seem likely they don't believe until they see it, kinda like God a little bit for some ppl

thebadgummybear: yeah, that's what i liked about it... sort of like the wind thing, you can't see it but you can see the effects of it... I wanted all of my friends to read it at the end of high school... I think when it was all said and done, no one could deny the memories and the impact we had on eachother, and some, like you and brian, had your love in hand, like him and his sheep, while others only had the color of the wheat to remind them of joy

thebadgummybear: sorry, i love this book so much

Miss Salsbury: it is a great book

thebadgummybear: DISCLAIMER this may becoming a blog entry

Miss Salsbury: the comment about if i had 53 minutes to myself by the prince is a great line

thebadgummybear: yeah
thebadgummybear: the whole book is one great line

Miss Salsbury: i got into it much faster than i thought i would

thebadgummybear: i find myself wanting to quote the book but having to quote like whole chapters because it's so good
thebadgummybear: yeah there's only 82 pages to love it or hate it
thebadgummybear: thats why I'm not afraid to tell people to read it cause if they hate it at most the waste 2 hours

Miss Salsbury: i know, i wish it were longer

thebadgummybear: no, just re-read it
thebadgummybear: I've literally read it 100 times since I was 7

Miss Salsbury: i will have to get my own copy of it, it is on the ever growing list to buy

thebadgummybear: everytime you read it, it will sound different
thebadgummybear: what else is on your list?

Miss Salsbury: caribbean and tales of the south pacific by james michener (i love him), the old man and the sea by hemingway, that summer by sarah dessen, the whole series of hitchhikers books by douglas adams, the iowa baseball confederacy by w p kinsella, and a bunch more, the real list is home
thebadgummybear: the old man and the sea, how was that
thebadgummybear: i forgot about that one, that was on my list a while ago

Miss Salsbury: i enjoyed it, it is one that you have to get into, but its short and its very heavy on religious symbolism

thebadgummybear: I remeber somone talking about it, but i can't remember if they liked it or hated it, but I figure if they talk, that's enough to check it out

Miss Salsbury: i am leery of seeing it since i loved the books so much

thebadgummybear: it was good, I haven't rea dthe book yet but I went with a group of people who LOVED the books, and they liked it a lot

Miss Salsbury:i may see it, it kills me when they screw up a book terribly, they did a good job adapting the godfather, and the notebook was okay, but the butchered shoeless joe (movie version is field of dreams, good movie but so not the book) and they totally killed one of my fav books, that summer, when they made it into how to deal by combining it with another book by the same author titled someone like you

thebadgummybear: yeah I don't usually see to many book movies of books I've read because of that fear, but everyone liked it, and i think you will, atleast just for entertainments sake



SUMMARY:
Read the Little Prince, Tell me it's awesome, I will love you (if I don't already.)

:) :) :) :)

No comments: