Sunday, May 29, 2005

So I have some good news.. and I have some bad news...

Bad news, I had that dream again last night. The dream where my grandmother is still alive but she is in perilous danger. Actually, it was a bit different this time. This time, she was very much alive and we were talking on the phone and I could drive over to seeher if I wanted. She reprimanded me for not keeping in touch the last 8 years, but "no matter since I had called now, she wouold forget the whole thing if only I would come and visit for a while." So I jumped in my car, I turned the key and... nothing. I was in White Marsh and I neded to get to Parkville in 20.32 minutes or my fully alive grandmother would disown me. I called my mom and explained that grandma had never died, thank God and she had invited me over but my car wouldn't start, could she please some get me and take me there? Her response: "we're on our way to grandma's right now.. and of course she's alive,w hat'd you think she had died? she only just moved across the street.." just as my mother said that, my car gave a great heave and a puff of smoke and micaraculously came back to life. No bother, ma I can get there myself, just please tell me where she moved "8300..." was her response. 8300? 8300 maple wood? 8300 Townhill drive? what apartment was 8300? was it an apartment? No big deal, I drove my happy (dream) self to Parkville in record time (because Apaerently I am a dreamy speed deamon as I am in real life) and I see a new condo development right across the street from where she used to live. By this time she has called me back but all I have heard on my line was "CRRRRRRRRR-LOUI-CRRRRRR-OK?-CRR-BYE" So much for asking her where i might find her. But 8300... ok. I look through the whole building, top to bottom. the doors are numbered in single digits... 20 all together. So it's not the right building. Again, no big deal. I call my mother again and plead for direction "8300 what ma?" "I've told you a million times and YELL YELL YELL" Then my father picks up the phone "LEAVE YOU'RE MOTHER ALONE YOU SORRY HALF BREED YOU'RE GRANDMOTHER DOESN'T NEED YOU" I couldn't find her. I traveled around everywhere and the sun went down and everyone I passed in my panting, smoking heaving car screamed "8300 LAME ASS" and "WHERE ARE YOU GOING, SHE'S THAT WAY" While this was, by far, not the worst perilous grandma dream, (one had a plot line of poisoned milk that everyone was try9ing to give her and I was the only one who could protect her. Another still involded arson and clowns... boy was that one a doosey...) but nontheless, it was a bit distressing.

To solve my distressful grandma dreams and maybe to finally show my mind that I know where she is and that I can't lose her and that she can't die again and that clowns had nothing to do with her eternal salvation, I decided to take a solo trip to the cemetary today. I was going to leave some flowers (which are part of the good news half of my day) and I was going to kick and scream and wrestle with God and cry and laugh and talk to her and talk to God and tell her everything and walk away realizing that she's gone and that's ok... And then I got to the cemetary. And I never really realized this, but there are like 8,500 graves there. And all of them are gravemarkers that sit in the ground, not headstones that protrude like landmarks... And then I realized that I haven't been to her grave since I was 9 years old and that there are approximatly 256 trees and 37 different views of the Virigin Mary holding Jesus and of the marble carving of the Last Supper (my only concious land marks) So I wandered around the cemetary for an hour and a half with my flowers, sunglasses, and sweater in hand and no I never did find her. The search continues in my dreams, I suppose...

Now for some Good news that I would love to tell my grandmother:

Mr. Future Millionaire brought me flowers last night. Pretty daisies of all sorts of unnatural colors. Don't get too jealous girls, it was one of those "what did he do wrong?" kind of things, but still very sweet. So what did he do wrong? Nothing really. He called me like 8 times between friday night a saturday afternoon "just to talk" and to invite me to the O's Game. The last time we talked on saturday I told him that I was going to crash his home in about a half in hour to bug him while he watched Star Wars. He said "Fine but you can crash with my mom cause I'm not leaving my room" Sure enough I got there and his mom made great company, but he had nothing to say but "Hi." Well, I turned my happy (real) self right around and left answering his "Do you want to hang out later?" With a terse "Why don't you call my whenever you're ready and I'll think about it..." He never called. Instead I get a mysterious late night call from Hot Stuff Baby (a good looking friend of my who named himself that...) during my viewing of Legally Blonde.

"What are you doing?" (Actually this was his girlfriend talking)

Nothing.

"Well, where are you?"

Miss.Woo woo's, why where are you?

"I don;t know, Hot Stuff, where are we? Mountain road. Hot Stuff says Mr.Millionaire has been looking all over for you"

Really? Why? He hasn't called me or anything...

"I don't know, Hot STuff said he called and he was being a jerk or something... (Hot Stuff Pipes up in the background, thats not was I said you're putting words in my mouth yadda yadda yadda...)

After all the confusion, all I got from the rest of the toss-off-phone contest was that Millionaire was looking for me and he was/did/was going to act like a jerk and I was instructed to answer the phone when he called. Ok fine.. Then I got a call not two minutes later (Hot Stuff AGAIN) saying to disregard the previous call. What call? Exactly...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Miss Woowoo: "If thats hot stuff and his girlfriend, kick them out"

Lo and Behold, out pops Mr. Future millionaire, flowers in hand. :) "I was being a real jerk earlier and I hope you forgive me..."

OF COURSE I DO, AREN'T YOU THE CUTEST THING THE THE WORLD? I'D LIKE TO ORDER 12 BABIES TO GO, THANK YOU!!!!

Yea, I'd say he's back...

No comments: