Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blurring the Barrier Between Benny and Being

A continuance.

"So... You love me?" Benny tilted her head. Her brown hair fell flat over her shoulder. It had seemed to be the millionth sunny day they had spent together and like the hundreds of times before this, he fell in love again with the glitter that seemd to beam light from the tips of her soft, straight locks. That something so simple as hair could captivate him was something beyond expectation.

"Yes, I love you." And everything you are whether you like it or not, he thought.

"But what would you want with me, Young? After everything you've seen--"

I have seen love.

"What have I seen, Benny?"

"The things DR did to me, to everyone around me." Why would you want some one even he couldn't love, she thought.

"What has DR got to do with anything?" He has so much of her, he thought.

"I thought you would think I were crazy for loving him. For being sad when he left. For--For falling for it..." I think I am crazy, But I have no choice but to live with myself, she thought.

"Oh, I do think you're crazy. But I don't think you give yourself enough credit." Love me, he thought.

"Oh Young, you're crazier than I am." And I love you, she thought.

No comments: