Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Interview, a Prequel

The REAL 15 questions that Young John was supposed to answer that I will now answer for myself here:

Was your childhood characterized by positivity or negativity?

I would say over all positivity. There were dark clouds but they were merely a teaching tool for appreciation.

Who was your more receptive parent?

My Mother, she was my only parent.

What did/ do you love most about that parent?

Her dedication. Once she made a decision- a truly important decision or commitment- she never disregarded it.

What do you dislike most about that parent?

Her practicality. Which is also one of her most respectful qualities. But I always long for her to have a fruitful and wandering mind along with me on occasion

Who, outside of your family, is your biggest inspiration and why?

Young John. He has given me freedom, a greater one I know I shall never fin; weightless and owing nothing, I am floating through life and becoming more and more the woman I want to be because of Young.

What profession most appealed to you when you were eight years old?

Being a ballerina like Audrey Hepburn. Never mind that I am a beast of a person with the gracefulness of a two legged ox...

What profession would you enter into now, other than you current one?

Nursing. For no real reason other than someone ought to

What is your mantra for life?

Quit Bitching, Start a Revolution, if I have to pick just one. Guard your heart for it affects all you do, if I am allowed two.

If you could speak any language, what would it be?

Italian so I could prove to the skeptics that I do belong to my people.

Name 3 people you wish were in your acquaintance.

Mr. Right, whoever he might be, Eddie Izzard, and Audrey Hepburn. I know, not very profound...


What is the most entertaining story you have from your life experience?

Borrowing from another's life experience, My mother grew up with her mother and Grandmother. She came home one day to the women speaking Italian rapidly and peeling potatoes or stirring boiling water or some kitchen task. When she asked what the were talking about, my grandmother, her mother said "Dinner" when she asked what that might be, she was directed to a bucket on the kitchen floor. A bucket full of live, writhing, swimming, curling, eels.

As far as my life is concerned, every day is a new adventure, a new amusement. I can't peg those joyful, serenely funny, heart stopping moments because they are so plentiful.


Have you ever gotten over your first love?

No, and he knows it.

What is the last book you read?

The Professor, Charlotte Bronte

What is your favorite work of fiction?

Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte

What is the answer?42

No comments: