Friday, September 02, 2005

I love my mom even though she drives me CRAZY 92% of the time; but here is just one hilarious example that insanity is genetic:

I called my mother at work yesterday to ask her a question about car payments. My friend has just purchased a brand new, gorgeous Scion and her car payments are 350ish a month and she thought that was a little high. As I call my mom for answers to all of lifes pressing questions, I decided to dial her up and see if this payment is reasonable. My mother proceeds to have one of her classic freak out moments "YOU AREN'T THINKING OF BUYING A CAR ARE YOU?? YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T AFFORD ONE WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU DEFAULTED ON A PAYMENT?? YOU DON'T HAVE THE CREDIT TO GET A CAR--" Here I had to stop my mother from having a heart attack and my Super Footwear girl powers were needed to I quietly assured her that it was just a casual question and that i would have to call her back. So i hang up, ring the two people who apparently loved my facial expressions and my occasional emphmatic ejaculations of "ma." I finish ringing and call my ma back and I tell her

"Hey ma, I got proposed to"
"Oh yeah, by who?"
"One of my little czech boyfriends proposed to me so that he could get a green card and stay in america."
"Well, yeah thats one way to get a green card..."

Let's weigh the situation here: Your only daughter's friend buys a car and you freak out, but she tells you she's getting married to get someone a green card and you think it's the most logical answer to life and the universe?

ABSOLUTE STRAIGHT JACKET INSANITY....

No comments: