Monday, August 18, 2008

I am a selfish brat.

I want her to be here.

This weekend, the world lost a great soul.

And I just don't think it is fair.

But seeing her, quite literally, wasting away, broke my heart from end to end. It definitely helped to know that after you die there is no more pain. I never want to see any one in that state again, but I am sure it won't be the last.

But are we not just souls with bodies, and is there nothing in this world so great that we should leave it for the next with a shred of regret?

I love you, Mima, and I will miss you until I come Home.

2 comments:

katy said...

You are NOT a selfish brat. You miss her and love her and there is nothing selfish about it.

When you lose someone it really does make life seem more like a grain of sand; here and then gone.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Love you...

Anonymous said...

Souls were never meant to part with bodies. It hurts when they do. And so our hope is the resurrection of the body and the true healing and recreation of the world-- not a disembodied eternity. :)