Sunday, February 15, 2004

Everything is going a little bit better.

Valentine's Day could have turned into a crash point, but my mommy and I went to New York to get a prom dress and then to Connecticut to see my Aunt Maryann. I spent the whole day having a good time with my mom and didn't think about Mr. Hampster once. I thought about his mom and how cool she would think New Yorks Fashion district is, but thats about it.

So I got a gorgeous prom dress that makes me feel like a Princess (which I am, btw) for under 50 dollars (Can you believe it?) and the rest of my outfit my mom felt it best to splurge, since the dress was such a steal (by splurge I mean 50 dollars for under garments- every girl should wear a corset once in her life-- it is an instant mood lifter, I gotta tel you.) Butin spite of the shopping spree, I managed to spend less than HALF of what I thought I would spend on the dress ALONE. Again, Major Major mood lifter, as every girl knows.

Staying with my aunt is incredible. She's like a little old lady housing a seventeen year old. She has the best stories and the coolest house. Not to mention, she's just as crazy as I am in every way. I think it runs in our blood.

But while I was at her house I had the weirdest dreams that really made me think. People might think I'm crazy, but I really think that both God and Satan can send us very powerful messages in our dreams, because it's the only time our own thoughts are out of the way. I won't go into too much detail because it would take too long and it really was incredible frightening, but let me tell you what: I stared Satan in his crystal blue eyes. He came to me as Mr. Hampster- posessed but suave and dashing and I couldn't pull myself away, I couldn't even speak- and offered me everything- the whole world literally flashed before my eyes- diamonds, parties, fancy houses, limos, royalty--everything anyone would want and he told me he would give it all to me in a second if I would just agree to be his. I know this sounds insane, but I really take a lot away from my dreams and I think both God and Satan were trying to tell me that the obsession I have with Mr. Hampster- or anything of the world for that matter- makes me a princess on earth and a partner to Satan's plan. I woke up feeling like I had just danced the night away in the arms of the only man I could every see myself loving but it was all a mirage, an image as fake as my dream. then I realized: a life spent loving anything more than He who has saved me by his blood is but a second living the "good life" and an eternity away from God.

I have to say, that dream was a very terrifying awakening.

No comments: