Wednesday, April 07, 2010

DR, how much of this is my fault.

"I can't believe you are shoving this down my throat like this, Benny," He huffed at her in disbelief. The one thing that always got Benny was the truth in his eyes when he was angry. She never saw truth any other way in him. Int his instance, his soul was laid bare. He was more than angry.

"I can't believe you think that saying that will change my mind. Shoving or not, this has to happen." She was cool. Calm. Collected. She thought. She thought she appeared so on the outside, though she couldn't be sure. Her feelings rose by the moment, the heat of her anger, distrust, and all the years of worry was quickly overpowering her.

"I don't want this-"

"I didn't want you to beat me, or steal my soul, or force your interest in prostitutes and drugs into my life, but you did. And so hear we are," He began, and she finished, for once changing the balance of power in a conversation, and maybe in the whole world.

There was much more said, but not much more heard.

No comments: