Monday, June 02, 2008

I wish I knew...

There is something that I do on occassion that gives me a great amount of comfort and healing.

Something that reminds me that things are not as bad as they once were, nor as good as they will be.

Sometimes, when I have a moment or two to remember, I like to stop and read my blog from this date last year, and the recorded years before.

One year on this day I was in love with Mr. Hamster and wanting nothing more than to be his everything and pack his lunches and iron his shirts and make his children.

Another year it was Mr. Future Millionaire who I will never stop loving, but whose love has changed a great deal over the last 7 years.

I can't even express how melancholy some of it makes me. The stupid fights i picked, the lame retreats I made into myself. The parties i threw or wanted to throw. Loves I lived and shouldn't have written about so that now i wouldn't regret their passing when I read about how well or unwell they really were.

I have loved a lost and written everything down...

These are the things that make people drink.

No comments: