Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Timing.

"Are you sure?"

"Benny what do you mean 'am I sure'?" Who says that? Who thinks that? Why did I say that?

"I just mean are you sure you really feel that way? I would hate for you to say it and not mean it about 800 miles more than I would hate it if you never said it. Please, YOung I just... I just don't..."

Oh God. What had he done? Had he ruined it? Had he changed everything? Had he ruined that sweet soft moment with something he could never take back? Had he damaged that easy free way Benny looked at him and thought about him and drove in the car aimlessly with him while listening to music he knew she didn't love just to make him happy. He was sure of what he said, but he should have been more sure of how she would have reacted.

"It's umm.. wow. No, sorry I didn't mean... I only meant- I just feel a lot for you Benny, you know that."

"Of course I do. I know it so well, and i feel the same, it's just... When people put it like that, Young, it aways goes wrong. Just plain wrong."

How could loving her be wrong, ever? He just kissed her forehead and made a move for the door, pushing back a secret tear and wanting to run.

"I would just rather say that you make me feel like summertime and lemonade and babies running through a sprinkler and the sunlight kissing our bare skin. Or like the moment just before the first snow fall when the whole world is holding their breath and waiting for the silence that follows waking up to a white morning in the middle of December. Or like the first welcoming hug after returning from a trip you didn't want to take in the first place. Please Young, I just don't ever want you to change your mind."

How could anyone stop loving her, ever? He just kissed her forehead and understood in the same moment what he was always feeling when she was in his arms. That she was sad and lonely and just wanted what he wanted to give her.

No comments: